Terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions for the BBAMZ Create & Innovate Competition
This BBAMZ Competition is offered subject to the terms and conditions set out in the below "Terms and Conditions".
Proudly supported by Origin Energy.
The aim of the competition is to inspire students to use their creativity and innovative approach to problem solving to develop solutions for industry-based projects. In doing so, students will showcase their solutions to industry leaders and businesses in the Renewable Energy Sector.
Who can enter?
Entry must consist of a team of a minimum of two (2) members and a maximum of four (4) members.
One entry per person only.
To be considered as a valid entry teams must be currently enrolled students at University of Tasmania/AMC or Tas Tafe and have a current valid student ID.
Staff and members of Bell Bay Advanced Manufacturing Zone (BBAMZ) and Origin Energy & their immediate family may not enter the competition.
An immediate family member is defined in Australia as;
A spouse or former spouse, de facto partner or former de facto partner, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling of an employee, or a child, parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling of an employee’s spouse or de facto partner. It includes step-relations (eg. step-parents and step-children) as well as adoptive relations.
The winning team will receive a prize valued at $3,000.
How to enter?
- Teams must register to enter the competition via the competition link on the BBAMZ website (www.bbamz.com.au).
- Registrations open at 9am 1/10/2021
- Registrations close at 5pm 8/10/2021 or when a maximum of 30 teams have registered, whichever comes first.
- Registration details consist of the team's name, team captain (as a contact person for correspondence), names of all team members, email address, an upload of their current University of Tasmania/AMC or Tas Tafe student ID of all team members.
- All members are required to tick that they understand the terms and conditions upon entry.
Entrants will receive an email with a videoconference link by 5pm 11/10/2021 and attend the competition briefing via videoconference at 9am on 13/10/2021 (problem will also be given at the briefing).
Contestants will receive an email by 5pm 13/10/2021 with a link where they can submit an overview of their solution to the problem along with a link to their 3-minute video. The video link must be submitted between 10am - 2pm on 21/10/2021.
Hard copies/email entries will not be accepted
This is a competition based on skill and chance plays no part.
Judging to shortlist 5 finalists will take place on 22nd and 25th October 2021. Finalists will be notified on the 26/10/2021 (5 teams go through to the final).
All finalists’ must be available on Thursday 28/10/2021 in George Town.
Finalists will be given 5 minutes for a final presentation on their project solution and then partake in a 5 minute Q&A from the judges.
Finalists will be required to provide their own usb with their powerpoint presentation and no additional videos are to be presented on this day. Verbal presentation supported by PowerPoint and Q&A from judges only.
Finalists under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian present on the 28/10/2021, to accept the prize on behalf of the under 18 year old contestant if they are part of the winning team.
Winners will be announced on 28/10/2021 and published on our website and social media. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Judging will be based on:
- Your understanding of the problem to be solved within the Tasmanian context and the evidence and research to support your entry.
- Innovation and Creativity
- Workforce development (what is needed to implement your solution)
Media and Intellectual Property Terms
By entering this competition each entrant agrees that:
- BBAMZ may use their name and contact details for the purpose of conducting the competition.
- BBAMZ can; publish and authorise others to use and publish each winner's name, voice, image, video or anything else that may identify them for the purposes of marketing or promoting.
- BBAMZ will include entrants projects, video and images to use as advertising, marketing in printed and social media channels for promotional activities not related to this competition
- All entries and content will remain the property of BBAMZ and will not be returned.
- Entrants agree that: their content does not contain viruses or cause harm to any person or entity. The content is the original work of the entrants and no third party.
- All entrants will comply with all laws and regulations including copyright, defamation, privacy, communication. BBAMZ have the right to disqualify a team or team member for improper conduct such as infringing a third party’s intellectual property or a breach of the competition terms and conditions.
- BBAMZ maintains the right to change key dates and conditions and Key Dates without notice.
Any queries regarding the competition are to be emailed to: Nicole.email@example.com.